2011年4月13日 星期三

A beautiful flower arrangement you can create for yourself

In my new publication, FlorESSENCE: Essence of Modern Design, I reveal to you the very essence of modern flower design: how it is created and what makes up its soul. FlorESSENCE unveils the core principles that underlie the flower design of our time. Simple yet so dynamic and versatile are the essential four: The Verticle; The Horizontal; Circles and Spheres; and Cubes and Squares.

Understanding and being able to create fresh new designs following a single principle id first step. One you have mastered each principle, and are able to combine them, an explosion of forms and colours awaits you. By understanding the system presented in FlorESSENCE, you will find that the floral design possibilities are endless. And these are the "mathematical secrets" behind my floral creations.

For today's composition, out of the essential four principles from FlorESSENCE, I choose to combine "Cubes and Squares" and "The Verticle" together as a simple example to show you of how to put my floral "mathematical secrets" into action. In this refreshing composition, "Cubes and Squares" is the primary design principle and 'The Verticle' secondary.

First, I acquire a square wooden frame. Then, I cut the pieces of twigs to the length that is just a little longer that the height of the inner frame so that when I place it vertically within my wooden frame, it will fit just right and the frame will hold the twig in place without any other support. When all the twigs are in line vertically across the width of the frame, I continue to attach small glass tubes to the twigs with plastic cable-ties. After pouring clean water into the glass tubes, they will act as the water receptacles for the flowers.

I proceed to measure the stem of lantana's aromatic flower clusters and cut it at an appropriate length which is a little longer than the length of the glass tube. I complete the composition by simply placing the stems of lantana flowers in all the glass tubes. What we have now is a Floral Frame that is created by combining the "Cubes and Squares" and "The Verticle" principles together. Looking closely yet, you will find "The Horizontal" line of lantana blossoms quietly and secretly making their way across the composition.

沒有留言:

張貼留言