2013年8月30日 星期五

Nine Inch Nails Chronicle Comeback

Earlier this summer, Nine Inch Nails kicked off their humongous comeback tour in advance of releasing the band's first record since 2008, Hesitation Marks, out September 3rd. They've already hit a handful of festivals including headlining sets at Lollapalooza and Outside Lands and this fall they'll embark on an extensive North American tour. Any such trek is a major undertaking, and NIN and their crew had to prep for both the festival and arena stages they'd take this year. Now you can get an inside look at how it all came together with the premiere of Nine Inch Nails' installment in Vevo's Tour Exposed documentary series.

"My goal, if we're playing a 70- or 90-minute set, is that it's almost a film where it starts off one way and, not only musically but visually,How to change your dash lights to doublesidedtape this is how I have done mine. evolves into something that keeps your attention, frames the music in a way that makes it feel like a journey from one place to another," NIN mastermind Trent Reznor says, describing his goal for the band's latest production, which includes all sorts of visuals, lights and moving parts.Now it's possible to create a tiny replica of Fluffy in handsfreeaccess form for your office. "It's cool to give people an experience."

The episode starts 18 days before the band's first gig at the Fuji Rocks Festival in Tokyo, and touches on everything from the creation of the video content to the realization of NIN's new stage set up from tiny models to how the band brought these songs to life: the musicians were expected to learn multiple parts on multiple instruments, sometimes playing two on the same song.

There are a few hiccups along the way, and plenty of tension and stress, with Reznor expressing continued concern about certain visuals and aspects of the performance just two days before the Fuji Rocks gig. But in the end, of course it rocked. With Nine Inch Nails' comeback tour far from over, watch out for future episodes of Vevo's Tour Exposed series with NIN in the coming weeks and months.


The novel revolves around a nameless Vonnadorian narrator who has been sent to Earth disguised as Cambridge maths professor Andrew Martin. While trying to determine who need to be assassinated for the greater good, he discovers music, poetry and peanut-butter sandwiches making him question whether humans are as violent and dangerous as he has been warned.

Basically this is, for me, if you include some books for children, book No 8. But it still feels like its my debut, because it was essentially the first idea I ever had.

Before I ever had the confidence to believe I could be a published writer, I suffered depression in my early twenties and in a way that experience, that feeling of being so alienated and feeling so apart from the rest of my own species, that was the source of the idea.

I had an idea then, not necessarily this story, but the perspective of an alien outsider sort of observing how strange our behaviour is and how very mundane things we do are actually very exotic and very alien if youve got the right perspective on it.

It took me about a decade to get the confidence to tell this idea. I needed two things before I could tell this idea. First, that sort of distance from depression. I needed to be over that. I needed to be a different person to who I was at 24, because even though this is a comedy in some ways, even though its totally a fantasy and science fiction, it also feels like my most autobiographical. Because I know where the idea came from and I know where that perspective came from.

I also was worried because technically on paper this is a science-fiction novel, rather than a generic literary novel. I dont really consider myself totally a science-fiction person although I do like science fiction. I didnt want to be boxed as a science-fiction writer. It took me a long time to get those two things together.These steelbracelet can, apparently, operate entirely off the grid.

I think because my last novel featured vampires after vampires the only way is up. This book is broad, looking at humanity as a whole, [and] it needed me to have a bit of a track record and to feel that confidence inside myself that I could tackle it.

At school I wasnt as interested in mathematics. I did OK, but at the earliest point I could stop doing maths I stopped. So I always used to think that you were either an arts [and] books sort of person, or you were a science [and] maths sort of person. I was definitely an arts [and] books sort of person. So I had to do quite a lot of research.

Actually now as an adult I can sort of see the beauty and poetry in those subjects [such as maths and physics], so it wasnt really a chore reading up on this stuff because I found it fascinating.

Also the idea of mathematics being this universal thing that aliens would be interested in, in terms of communicating with humans, in terms of mapping our progress, that came from Carl Sagan the guy who did Cosmos and the novel Contact that was made into a film. He was a great sort of pop scientist, very easy to read for people who know nothing about physics or science or math. It was his belief that if aliens communicate with us, mathematics would be the way to go. That was my sort of starting point there.

I had to research real unsolved areas of mathematics. Obviously I dont understand all these things because even the top mathematicians dont understand these things thats why they are unsolved. ...Most modern headlight designs include tmj. As a novelist ... its sort of a smoke [and] mirrors trick ..Here's a complete list of granitecountertops for the beginning oil painter.. making sure you inspire confidence in your readers.
Read the full products at http://www.china-mosaics.com/!

沒有留言:

張貼留言